When you are looking at purchasing a new or used vehicle it is important to find the vehicle that is going to be right for you. Often times I have clients that come to me with a specific vehicle in mind and after chatting about their needs, and their wants often times I can recommend other vehicles that may be a better fit. My belief is no matter how much you save on a vehicle if you don’t love what you drive the cost of you driving something that doesn’t suite your needs and desires can be so much more costly!
Here are a few Tips for researching vehicles:
- Decide what you need the vehicle for: commuting, work, family? Which models are you interested in? Write down your needs and favourite vehicles
- Research vehicle safety features
- Research fuel efficiency
- Research sticker prices. Remember that the type of vehicle you buy can affect your insurance costs.
- Research leasing, purchase options and resale value (Remember to use the BuyMeACar Calculators!)
- Take each vehicle for a thorough test drive and take notes that you can refer to later